PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > No Limit Hold Em > Heads Up

Old 06-24-2009, 10:32 PM

Default 50NL hands

H1- 4th or 5th hand of session which is y i just call, playing shortstacks because i not rolled for 50NL and just starting, he'd been limping so far on button. Obviously badbeat just want to check my line and show his aggresiveness. This hand put me on bit of tilt semi explaining my ridiculous plays later.

H2-3 nothing

H4- 3 barrel bluff didn't work, bad time didnt have any draws, but he'd been taken alot of pots from me and i hadnt shown much aggresion OOP so far.

H5 - lol i am so bad, he'd been limping 50% of time and raising 30% so is 3bet, or cbet bad, obv call off is standard on that turn

H6 - wow watching these now make me cringe, obv bad play what should have been done, he'd been leading often but i dont think he has nothing.

H8 - hows my line here and do i pay him off?

H9 - hows line here? cooler? - last hand of session I ha donked off enoughHand history text file not found.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrader69 View Post
H4- 3 barrel bluff didn't work, bad time didnt have any draws, but he'd been taken alot of pots from me and i hadnt shown much aggresion OOP so far.
He's never folding top pair to that board and both flush and straight draws hit... and when he calls 2 streets he either has draw or top pair like 90% of the time. So I don't like your barreling. If he would be valuebetting TP when you check (some ppl are too afraid to...), you could consider check-raising the river.

Quote:
H5 - lol i am so bad, he'd been limping 50% of time and raising 30% so is 3bet, or cbet bad, obv call off is standard on that turn
cbet-fold or check that flop...

H6: fold or raise river, he's line looks a LOT like value.

H8: fold or 3bet preflop, in HU the most of the value comes from highcard/toppair value, you don't want to play suited gappers OOP.

When the overcard comes on the turn, I expect to get a free card, esp. after raising on the flop. You aren't getting much to fold here, so even with such a strong draw I'd like to take a free card.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:36 PM

Hand one... lol.

Hand two... not a great flop to cbet, but if he's limping a ton I like it.

Hand three... standard

Hand four... you've got high-card SD value, and this kind of flop is right in the range of a frequent button limper... it's just check and let him have it if he bets unimproved.

Hand five... wow your stack size makes this awkward, but I'd probably c/f against most villains. Stacking off is just not good against most people.

Hand six... fold to his flop bet. As played just try to get to showdown and fold if he bets again.

Hand seven... well played.

Hand eight... betting half pot on the flop is pretty bad since your pair is so low. Just pot it or c/c... As played turn c/r is good, and I'd call on the river unless he's insanely passive.

Hand nine... as chinz said, fold or 3bet preflop. Flop is good... I'd usually be shoving over the turn raise unless villain is super passive. River obviously you're getting it in.

be cool... read my blug
Old 06-26-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no eff eks View Post
I'd usually be shoving over the turn raise unless villain is super passive.
So, he calls our check-raise on the flop and then raises our lead on the turn... and you still think we have any folding equity? It doesn't matter if he's passive or not, he will call our shove here every single time and we have about 25% equity against his range. do not shove the turn.

BTW this is the type of flop you could consider donking... because he will probably raise a lot of donks with air and you can just shove over his raise with those stacks, and still havesome folding equity...

Last edited by chinz; 06-26-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinz View Post
So, he calls our check-raise on the flop and then raises our lead on the turn... and you still think we have any folding equity? It doesn't matter if he's passive or not, he will call our shove here every single time and we have about 25% equity against his range. do not shove the turn.

BTW this is the type of flop you could consider donking... because he will probably raise a lot of donks with air and you can just shove over his raise with those stacks, and still havesome folding equity...
Yeah you're right.... I'm used to playing much deeper where I'd have FE.

Agree that donking this flop is good.

be cool... read my blug