PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > No Limit Hold Em > Heads Up

Old 07-09-2010, 04:15 PM

Default HU Session vs Reg

Table #1
Old 07-09-2010, 05:17 PM

? uhm... so you did lose a boring sit n go HU...
Now - I just feel newborn
-- EMIL BULLS FTW
Old 07-10-2010, 04:31 AM

The first 17 hands were kinda standard IMO, at least I don't see spews or big missed opportunities to win more.

The last 96s is a disaster Actually, don't see a reason to call even his 3bet
Old 07-16-2010, 02:40 PM

Wtf are you doing with the 96s hand
Old 07-18-2010, 05:04 AM

Guess it was like:

preflop - maybe he's 3betting light and I can win even if I hit a pair, or maybe steal the pot from AK, or win his stack if I hit hard...
flop - have a pair, how can I fold now?
turn - if he missed, I win. otherwise he might be pot-controlling and won't fold to a bet
river - unlikely that he rivered me or bluffing, looks like he's on underpair so I'll ship it and maybe he foldz... wow... gg...
Old 08-07-2010, 06:25 AM

Questions on the last hand:

Do you suggest folding with a suited gapper 150bbs deep in position?

Do you suggest folding a pair to a cbet?

Do you suggest betting the turn on that board?

Do you think that the opponent's range for betting flop, checking turn, and thin value betting river can call a shove very often? What range do you assign the villain?

How often does he have AK KQ AA KK and plays this way, by checking the turn without history that hero floats a lot?

How does this range compare with hands like QQ JJ TT, QJ, QT.

Hero does rep a narrow range, but can of course have all K9 K7 K6 suited combos and some offsuit ones, 79 68cc, 77, so in that sense shoving is bad if villain can bet/hero call those hands.

Considering villain checking AK shoving the river is quite bad. Perhaps a call is preferable, but villain will turn out over K2 K4 or TT JJ QQ quite often, so I did not call.

I am by no means defending my play as the best option, but it's not insane by any means. It makes some logical sense, and quite a bit of it. Under certain assigned ranges, it's in fact the best play. If villain always bets KQ+ on the turn, then his range for bet/calling the river after checking back turn is extremely small. Clearly this assumption is proven wrong because he checked back AK (it is unlikely that he would have checked AK if he didn't have the flush draw, too), but against a lot of players this is a decent assumption, and a lot of other kings like KJ KT would bet/fold the river, or villain would not have 3bet it in the first place.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsycheStatic View Post
I am by no means defending my play as the best option, but it's not insane by any means. It makes some logical sense, and quite a bit of it
I won't go into detailed analyzis, yes I agree under certain circumstances this hand might be +EV (as played).

The biggest problem I see is an unknown opponent, so all those assumptions are too likely to be far away from reality. So, jeopardizing the whole stack in this situation looks like a mistake for me, fold it pre until you have some stronger reads.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:33 AM

Oh it was vs a reg I know. I was going to post all the hand histories but then the hand merger didn't work (it's supposed to show both player's hands but it is not working on the pokertrikz replayer).

That said, even against an unknown, both preflop and flop are standard that deep... I really think folding a hand like that IP that deep is wasting money.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:15 PM

Ugh... you sound like every "reg" plays the same way What I'm talking about, is if you played him before you must have specific reads that allow you to see the flop and/or bluff-shove river. Just a "regness" and 150bb deepness is not enough early in the match IMO.

And yes, once you called his 3bet and hit a pair on that board I agree, you have to call that cbet.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:05 AM

I think folding preflop against almost anyone at those stacks with those pot odds is poor; the 'reg' read is for the river play where I put my villain on very few hands strong enough to bet/call the river after checking back.

What sort of average range do you put on a random opponent's 3bet range that you have to fold 150bbs deep with position? Even against top 10% you have a profitable call, + balance.