PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > Off Topic > Life Brags and Beats

Old 11-06-2009, 05:29 AM

Default New wireless mouse

Got a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 (not to be confused with the Wireless Optical Mouse 5000... oh Microsoft you're so witty with your names of completely different things that sounds exactly the same).

It uses new fangled Bluetrack technology. I can use this mouse on my bedsheets, on the carpet, on wood, on the dog, whatever. It's pretty sick.

But now the scroll wheel is all messed up. It works fine on the 5000. But my old mouse the scroll doesn't move anything at all. If I uninstall the 5000 drivers, the scroll on my old mouse works fine again, but the scroll on the 5000 is crazy fast, like a little nudge makes the whole page shoot up or down.

It's funny using the mouse on the dog, like duh, so I'll keep this Bluetrack mouse. There's always middle click auto scroll or *gasp* the arrow keys.

Last edited by nawhead; 11-06-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:23 PM

I use a logitech G5 to play. Wired mice all the way.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:43 PM

I also got the 5000 - I bought it two weeks ago at Office Max. It was on sale for $25.

I love it, it's the first wireless mouse I've had. I should have switched a long time ago. Loooove the blue track too bc carrying around a mouse pad is a pain.

Only two things I'd change: the roller bar is too sensitive like you mentioned, and the USB port plug is pretty big. I'm using it with a laptop, so I'd prefer it to be shorter. They had some with super small USB plugs, but for all those the mouse it self was also small, which I didn't like.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:45 PM

Oh I forgot to mention ... I had a super blonde moment the day I got it - I didn't realize it didn't come with batteries inside already so for the first like 10 minutes after I installed the software I was convinced it was defective .... then I found the two AA batteries in the package .... um yeah not my sharpest moment
Old 11-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Sweetheart View Post
Oh I forgot to mention ... I had a super blonde moment the day I got it - I didn't realize it didn't come with batteries inside already so for the first like 10 minutes after I installed the software I was convinced it was defective .... then I found the two AA batteries in the package .... um yeah not my sharpest moment
This "blonde moment" makes so much more sense now that it has been brought to everyone's attention that you are female in the public speaking thread.

I will admit, I thought it was a bit awkward to read about a blonde moment on the poker forums, but I just sort of moved on with it
Old 11-09-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikkur View Post
This "blonde moment" makes so much more sense now that it has been brought to everyone's attention that you are female in the public speaking thread.

I will admit, I thought it was a bit awkward to read about a blonde moment on the poker forums, but I just sort of moved on with it
Needs more sick reads :P