PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > No Limit Hold Em > Micro Stakes

Old 09-26-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linqbait View Post
Around the 20 minute mark you 3B AQs IP to $8 then on another table 3b AQo in the SB to $5. Seems a little twisted.
I raised to $8 because there was a limper and the guy had raised to 4x. Also, the guy that raised had been in a couple pots with me that I'd pushed him off... so I thought he might call me lighter than normal so I went for some extra value.

I don't know exactly what hand you mean for the other example, but I did 3bet AQ from the SB on table three I believe -- that time I raised to $5.50 because it had folded to the button who raised to just 3x and obviously nobody else had called/limped.

be cool... read my blug
Old 09-26-2008, 10:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to R8tme Send a message via Skype™ to R8tme

You play pretty solid, but sometimes from blinds you call obvious mishands, where you loose , and then you call it tight.
ALso I noticed that you play pretty loose against very tight guys and again call it tight. HU and 6max are too different.
In any case I liked your play, pretty much it's solid winning game.
GL

P.S. that hand when you had AK, first I thought AK against Short stack, I always call it ,but hen you are not the only one in the pot. and here it's all depends on the vaiance you want to shoot
Old 09-27-2008, 08:41 AM

I always love watching your videos. You crack me up (although I'd prefer if you didn't call things you didn't like "gay" or talk about "raping" other players).

To me it seemed like your downswing might be due more to a confidence problem than anything else. It's of course good to be a thinking player, but at times it seemed like you were overthinking situations and questioning even really basic plays. Several times you passed up cbets on really dry boards just because there were 2 other players in the pot. Also, there was the AK hand that several people have mentioned, and some other nitty plays you made. They seem similar to how I play when I'm not playing that well. And you kind of let that one shortstack own you heads up. A small change of mindset can make a pretty big change on that kind of stuff.

Also, how much are FPPs worth to you? If those are the best 50NL tables you can come up with on Stars, it might actually be more profitable to stay on AP without rakeback. You could still get cash for credits.

Last edited by given1982; 09-27-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:07 AM

lol... I had a whole response written to Given's post, then I accidentally closed the tab and lost it. Let's try this again....

First of all, thanks to everyone for watching and giving your comments. I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Given1982
Several times you passed up cbets on really dry boards just because there were 2 other players in the pot. Also, there was the AK hand that several people have mentioned, and some other nitty plays you made. They seem similar to how I play when I'm not playing that well. And you kind of let that one shortstack own you heads up. A small change of mindset can make a pretty big change on that kind of stuff.
I did pass up a couple spots where I'd normally c-bet near the end of the 6max portion on dry boards -- mostly that was because of how things had been going on that table. People didn't seem to be giving my bets respect and they were right -- so I felt I was going to be looked up lighter and didn't make a cbet. I definitely see the merit of cbetting there, but I honestly don't hate shutting down.

I've heard people come down on both sides of the AKo fold (posted this video on 3 other forums). What most people agree on is that it's marginal and not a massively +EV shove by any means... Honestly I do agree that shoving would have been slightly +EV, so I should have shoved -- but making that fold is definitely not going to kill a winrate imo.

IMO that shortstack didn't own me -- he owned himself and was lucky enough to be up against the very bottom of my shove range... but maybe shoving A-high was spewy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Given1982
Also, how much are FPPs worth to you? If those are the best 50NL tables you can come up with on Stars, it might actually be more profitable to stay on AP without rakeback. You could still get cash for credits.
FPPs are basically worthless to me. I really just needed a break from AP because I just could not seem to have a winning session. I moved to Stars for now, and I just feel more comfortable playing there (not to mention how much easier it is to 6-table on Stars compared to AP). Overall games on Stars aren't as good as AP, but since there is such a massive number of players it's actually easier to find good tables on Stars. Three of the four in the video were pretty bad and I would've left them had I not been recording.

I'm definitely going to go back to AP next month in order to maintain my VIP status. With cash for credits I get over 50% rakeback on AP which is obviously pretty awesome.

be cool... read my blug