PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > No Limit Hold Em > Micro Stakes

Old 12-11-2008, 07:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Padawan Send a message via Skype™ to Padawan
Default Padawan 2tbls 50NL Video

Alright everyone so after getting owned at the tables for almost half my bankroll... I decided to make a video. I chose to play only 2 tables because I decided playing 6 I am not concentrating enough on the hands and the players Im playing. This session went really well and I would like everyone to pick apart my performance. Please do not hold back just tell me where I am still a donk and where I played hands well.

***Warning***
At one point on table 2 I believe I end up getting into an antagonizing conversation with another player. Drop the F-bomb often and am really trying to induce him to make crazy plays and just come after me. I do apologize in advance.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Old 12-11-2008, 09:31 PM

I'm still watching your video but I love the tactic you use of trash talking a bad player to put them on tilt and using that to your advantage. ^.^
Old 12-11-2008, 11:31 PM

Downloading now...is this on Cake?
Old 12-12-2008, 04:09 AM

Send a message via ICQ to R8tme Send a message via Skype™ to R8tme

pretty solid play, including some interesting spots. Will comment more detailed later, after second watching
But agree with KQs good laydown. though 3bet vs 200deep early is not good, but you know this guy better
Old 12-12-2008, 04:56 PM

Finished writing a 16 page paper last night, so no time to watch it yet...fortunately I'm done w/ school so I'll get into it in like an hour, will comment
Old 12-12-2008, 08:36 PM

Thoughts on the 1st half (going out soon), written in order of appearance (tl;dr version):

-I think that 2 tables can sometimes be a bit boring when making a vid. There's oftentimes fairly long delays where you don't get any hands, and you are forced to talk about going to a hockey game for the evening haha. I realize you've lost a decent portion of your BR recently though, so it's understandable, and you still got into some interesting spots.

-Who was on the phone right at the beginning!? also, the chat that shows the flop/turn/river cards and everyone's action is slightly tilting; I find it's better to just keep the info tab up the whole time to see how the flop % and avg pot size fluctuates so I can know when a table is heating up or cooling down. I almost never chat, although I do occasionally check the chat box to see if someone said anything to me or something that would indicate they're tilting.

-Ppl having one premium pp higher is called being notched fwiw. hopefully you have that tilt problem under control; getting notched usually won't destroy your bankroll, but tilt definitely can.

-Interesting strategy opening 4x utg...is that in an effort to get more folds pf/to discourage people from coming in when they have position on you? it seems like that's exploitable by someone in position who can just float you relentlessly, unless your utg range is pretty tight. and if your utg range is that tight, then that's exploitable. how has it worked out for you so far?

-Fishy's delays could be caused by multitabling and not as a strategy to annoy people.

-AQ vs KJs on Axx board where u faded the fd ...if you're going to 3b the iso raise, you almost have to stack off on every A high board (as far as pot size in relation to your stack size). AK would probably 4b pf, but if he has it there, meh. and yes, calling your 3b, even in position, with KJs it terrrrrible. just out of curiosity, why are you figuring "this player" would fire when you checked the flop? what would you have done if he checked behind and a 3rd diamond arrived on the turn (obviously without the knowledge of whether he had a FD or not)?

-how does your strategy differ now that you're 2 buyins deep with position on Kenso and Kayareeswon? what would you have done to a CR from either of them when you hit top 2 with the 43s (432, two flush board).

-notes are extremely valuable to me, especially against regs.

-I gladly get AKs in vs 2 shorties. In that situation you were crushed, but they were at the top of their range; shortstacks at these limits are generally abysmal, and AKs has great equity vs their laughable ranges, although the minraise is normally a big hand.

-it's funny that rema comments on meeting donks considering that he/she checked down a straight from the bb vs the sb on the river earlier...granted it was an unraised pot, but lol.

-I'm kinda meh about your iso from the bb w/ A7s. I prefer A10s+, sometimes KQ.

-I wouldn't really discuss my br in terms of dollars with a random opponent on a table that anybody can view the chat of; and I agree that it lets opponents get a view into your mindset and in some ways your general approach to the game (i.e. if you think you need 100 buyins before you move up, they can probably peg you as conservative)

-it's not really floating when you c/c a street w/ QQ on a K high board. floating is calling with nothing with plans to take the pot down on a later street.

-firing another barrel with that set of nines was okay, but I think your turn bet size was too big. he's folding worse and calling/raising with better. I like the river blocking bet and the fold though.

-plz check to see what your opponent mucked (66 hand vs BRBTEX)

that's it for now, will watch the other half later tonight or tomorrow. thanks for making this.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:41 AM

Im wondering what everyone else would do when you had AKs vs. them two shorties coz imo im pushing tht all day long, u jst got ul (well lucky) that they were both at the height of their range.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:13 AM

"That means wow, this means omg, and this is a fold."
Haha u gta teach me ur 1 liners.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to Padawan Send a message via Skype™ to Padawan

lol my one liners... I dont know I just spout it out... Thank you all for watching cant wait to hear more reviews on the hands... I will be putting out a video 4 tabling at 25NL on full tilt very soon since I have moved my roll from cake. Gonna switch it up a bit.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:35 AM

Just finished the vid, not quite as many interesting spots in the 2nd half, and I didn't write everything down like I did for the first half. the spot with the set of 7s was interesting, and I think the flat on the flop is fine. it's a dry board and it allows him to fire a 2nd barrel with air, although then it becomes a bit more difficult to stack him when he's at the top of his range (AA, KK, AQ, 55 [or whatever the card lower than the 7 was]). didn't like the 3b from the sb w KQs, just seemed kinda spewwy; fwiw, I put him on 9s when the hand was being played out, although that's kind of monday morning quarterbacking it, especially given that he said he had 9's later in the session. thanks for making this vid, sorry to see you go to tilt* as I was looking forward to playing with you again. hopefully you make some vids on tilt in the near future.

*edit: tilt as in Full Tilt Poker...sorry for any mixup, wasn't trying to insult you haha

Last edited by postoakpoker; 12-14-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: clarification