PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > Off Topic > Poker Brags and Beats

Old 08-05-2009, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrider View Post
This thread just lost my interest......

Was looking forward to you truly shortstacking and building a roll...
+1

I summon banhammer!

Old 08-05-2009, 07:09 AM

LOL @ MTG ban hammer pic LOL.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to mxrider Send a message via Skype™ to mxrider

LMAO!

Interest regained!

Nawead: I truly do not want to see anyone go bust (hoping you said this in jest) and really did want to see this thread go in a positive direction. I've been in your spot before with barely any bankroll and got to the point where I was playing FPP sats to cashout my $T to build again on Stars.

I had a discussion with Given a while ago about how he had climbed to where he was playing when I was stuck at 25-50nl and he said he did the same for quite some time as we had started playing about the same time. He told me that at some point, something just clicked and the rest was history. I feel (to a point) that I have recently had that click as well and encourage all of you that with enough study and play, you too will have that click.

Play 2nl with that $27 bankroll if you don't want to redeposit and play it as if it was 1knl and think about every decision and you can build it.

Stars: MXRider
FT: MXRider
Level: La-La Land
Old 08-05-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
He told me that at some point, something just clicked and the rest was history. I feel (to a point) that I have recently had that click as well and encourage all of you that with enough study and play, you too will have that click.
Ah, the click of the boomswitch.

Quote:
I can buy in for max, 10K, at a 50/100 table. When ppl start shoving 100bb, and I have something like AK/AQ, it's usually kind of a waste to get in there 4-5 ways with a 100bb stack. Mathematically it's profitable, but it's a waste in the sense I have 100bb and I'm done with the hand preflop.

But with a 20bb stack, the decision's pretty much automatic.

So instead of buying in at a 50/100 table, I'd buy in for 8K at a 200/400 table. Getting it in pre with AK/AQ is easy with that stack to blind ratio.
I don't like this rationale.

If typical preflop is AI 4-5way, then I'd far prefer fullstacking lower level than shortstacking higher. At the higher level, blinds will hurt you much worse.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrider View Post
LMAO!

Interest regained!

Nawead: I truly do not want to see anyone go bust (hoping you said this in jest) and really did want to see this thread go in a positive direction. I've been in your spot before with barely any bankroll and got to the point where I was playing FPP sats to cashout my $T to build again on Stars.

I had a discussion with Given a while ago about how he had climbed to where he was playing when I was stuck at 25-50nl and he said he did the same for quite some time as we had started playing about the same time. He told me that at some point, something just clicked and the rest was history. I feel (to a point) that I have recently had that click as well and encourage all of you that with enough study and play, you too will have that click.

Play 2nl with that $27 bankroll if you don't want to redeposit and play it as if it was 1knl and think about every decision and you can build it.
I'd still be grinding 25NL-50NL if I hadn't withdrawn 80% of my bankroll. That decision was completely outside of poker, so I'm playing the role of donkey right now since I consider my money online now not my "real" roll. So I'm not regularly grinding anymore, but I think I can still learn things playing in some situations I wouldn't play in normally, like the shortstacking and the deepstacking.

If I can grind that $27 (well 21 now) into like a real roll, great. But I'm not gonna put in long hours trying to grind 2NL on it. In one month I might run good and make 10-20 buys, sure. But I'd rather just put some money back online and start at 10NL again or put in enough for 25NL. So I guess I'm being disingenous in making these beat posts.

Ehh... I guess I'm being 60% tongue in cheek, and 40% I do need more discipline in a lot of areas still. And public humiliation is a good way to sear things into the memory banks. That's how my teachers taught me was a good way to learn... which is kind of messed up actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantek View Post
I don't like this rationale.

If typical preflop is AI 4-5way, then I'd far prefer fullstacking lower level than shortstacking higher. At the higher level, blinds will hurt you much worse.
This is really a non-factor after the first quadruple up.

Last edited by nawhead; 08-06-2009 at 12:46 AM.