PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > Off Topic > Poker Brags and Beats

Like Tree1Likes

Old 11-14-2011, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikkur View Post
Hand 1 is a sick overbet by him. I think I make the call, but would definitely hate it. Do you make the call with a weaker 2 pair? There's not a ton in your range but something like a TJs could of been played similar (probably raised on the turn though). Maybe even a random A3/A5s that you decided to play a bit loose preflop because it's 4 handed.

Hand 2 - I'm guessing you kept going because he would of shoved preflop or folded flop with an AK or AQ (he probably doesn't play AQ preflop though). I think the river bet is good because I doubt he is going to bluff as much as he tries to call light on this board. I think that's a bad call by him though. There aren't many hands you 4-bet preflop and play like this that don't have an Ace or KK.

Hand 3 - I think this is fine, but I just wanted to know why you decided to check/call instead of bet out. Were you specifically looking for the check/call because it widened his range of hands compared to what he would call with?

Hand 4 - I would of probably folded, but I like that you went with it. People posting OOP are so full of shit most of the time and your hand is pretty good. I'm too nitty for this though.
1: Entirely read dependent, and I think I SHOULD make the call with weaker 2 pairs, since they probably are the same as my hand, but in reality dont know if that would happen. I still like my play for the reasons I listed, and if you knew how crazy this guy was, it would make more sense. I swear, never beleive a swedish guy when hes betting ,and u will win money!

2: Hand 2 is a fish and i think he plays nearly all overpairs like this. TT-QQ. I'm not too scared of being beat by the A, but more afraid he will fold his hands i beat now. Once the pot is that big on the turn, i just gotta keep trying to maximize getting value against worst hands, since im gonna lose same amount when im beat whether i bet or not.

3: Hand 3 has such a sick dynamic vs me and reg. We know each other's 2+2 names and we definitely respect each others games. I've 3bet shove flop with T8 on T64 in 3bet pot and got called by AK, hes called my 5bet shove with ATs, etc. Basically we both know each other never have anything so we go very thin for value. The HH is messed up but we are actually 200 bb deep. I think both betting/checking is fine in a vaccume, but i elect to c/c because i think his calling range is super strong and i never really get much value betting. When i C/c it makes it look like im c/fing a lot and i think he can turn his weak made hands into bluffs. I think he can bet hands like 9T, JT, 89, TT, etc. on the river as a bluff. Or even if he checks these hands, i still win a good pot, since he'd fold these to a bet all day.

4: my initial reaction was to click fold, but once i realized that this was the poster, i knew it was a call 100%. especially with flushdraw out there, i def feel like i have to call. also felt like it was hard for me to be beat. On a diff board, he could have way more 2pairs and sets, but on this board its really hard, and only really scared of A6. Against A6 i have a TON of outs to a K, running over overcards, T, etc. Also, I have backdoor flushdraw and straight draw, how could i possibly lose
Old 11-16-2011, 09:25 PM

Merge, $5/$10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $3,721.57 (372.2 bb)
BTN: $1,000 (100 bb)
SB: $790 (79 bb)
BB: $950 (95 bb)
UTG: $2,175.84 (217.6 bb)
MP: $1,312.66 (131.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Kc Ad
UTG folds, MP raises to $28.75, Hero raises to $101.25, 3 folds, MP raises to $173.75, Hero calls $72.50

Flop: ($362.50) Js Ac Jc (2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($362.50) 6c (2 players)
MP bets $1,138.91 and is all-in, Hero calls $1,138.91

River: ($2,640.32) 8d (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $2,640.32 pot ($3 rake)
Final Board: Js Ac Jc 6c 8d
Hero showed Kc Ad and won $2,637.32 ($1,324.66 net)
MP showed Kd Kh and lost (-$1,312.66 net)

I puked before calling. Was sure he had JJ
Old 11-17-2011, 04:59 AM

wow

it looks like there are at least 3 non-regs/"non-competents" at the table? I thought at those stakes you play mostly against other regs
Old 11-17-2011, 06:48 AM

I'm not sure what gives you the impression that there were 3 non competent players at the table. There was only 1 (the guy i stacked). Being not full stacked at these stakes isn't really as indicative of a fish as they are in the lower stake games. Simply because in lower games you want to be as deep as possible with all the bad players, but being deep against alot of other good players is less favorable. There are also a TON (annoying amount) of professional short/mid stackers at these levels who play nearly unexploitable. I think 1 of these guys was a shortstacker that doubled up and stayed since there was a fish.

This table was definitely an anomaly. Usually the games are nearly all regs, and 1 fish if we are lucky (in this case). I built up a huge stack on this table actually and finished the session with 8k on the table lol. It was definitely the most ive ever had on one table, and at one point was like 450 bb deep with the UTG. That was fun to play lol.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:00 AM

ok, that makes sense... indeed I talked about not-fullstacks, and the guy you stacked who made at least two very strange looking moves in one hand

I wish I had such a confidence to play vs very good regs and still make money... even at micros I don't understand how can I win from most regs when they basically do same things as I do, plus the rake sucks money out... probably this is another big reason I'm still stuck at micros

Looking at your progress I'm still asking myself - what could he possibly know/do that allows playing like 4x more hands than me in the same amount of time, vs much better players, and make more money than me in terms of BB? I don't know

Last edited by podbelski; 11-17-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:14 AM

Poker isn't easy. If it was everyone would be making money (and i guess that means everyone would end up losing too?). Your biggest flaws are most likely

1:too hud dependent and not paying attention enough to see huge leaks people have.
2:weak theoretical understanding to be able to exploit these leaks
3:not challenging urself enough to improve.

I once had someone tell me that a certain table was a bad game because it had all 18/15 - 22/18 guys sitting at the table. But its pretty dumb to think people are good just because they are able to follow a hand opening chart. There are probably dozens of postflop leaks that you should be able to exploit. They are playing micros because they are not very good, so believing that they are good makes it very hard for you to improve your game.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:34 AM

1st one is near impossible, cause I don't "rely" on HUD, can say it's of limited help for me. More interesting is how can you 8-table and pay attention to opponents leaks? I'm constantly making notes watching the game and not only hands I'm in, and I feel playing more than 4 tables with such an effort is impossible for me. Maybe they give too little time at micros, I think at higher stakes it's a bit harder to time out...

2nd one, certainly true to some extent. It's like a situation when I can "read" opps range but fail to take appropriate line against it (eg folding instead of raising or vice versa). On the other hand, I rarely have many hands played vs each particular villain (prob b/c of big player pool), so most often I just don't have time to spot "serious leaks" to exploit...

3rd one, not sure what do you exactly mean. The only thing I can think about is forcing myself to play more, but most often I feel I should not do it b/c I become frustrated/tilted/tired/unfocused etc that does not allow me play A game
Old 11-17-2011, 07:43 AM

I personally think people just dont try to look for leaks enough during the game. Basically a ton of my finding leaks come from seeing showdown hands and just seeing how they play hands and think about poker.

A big part of 1 and 2 is probably not being aggressive enough in the right spots.

Even something as simple as noticing a villain is cbetting too much can be combatted by c/r more vs him. He probably isnt equipped to deal with this aggression and not playing his ranges balanced enough to be able to do much.

3: i just mean playing against the "better" players in your games and not being afraid to take risks. I think most people in your situation are content with just playing super TAG and sticking to only value hands and playing in position with initiative. Experiment more with c/r , barreling, and stuff like that so that you dont just stick to your current game and stay at the same level.

do u have aim/msn?
Old 11-17-2011, 07:52 AM

I have Skype with same username, but almost never using it
Old 11-17-2011, 08:00 AM

o ok. i was just wondering.

Im going to sleep now. Its 5am already :[.