PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > Videos > Questions and Comments

Old 04-03-2009, 06:41 PM

Default video format for upload?

Hi,

I recorded some 6max SNG videos but they are huge, ~600 MB for 40 minutes. I might need to convert them and/or change framerate, dimensions, codec, ...

Any advice on what to chose? I think I might use SUPER for conversion but I'm not sure what the right configuration would be.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards
Palsh
Old 04-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Administrator

WMVs are the best to upload, though if you have smaller AVI files those can get uploaded as well.

I normally keep the resolution the same as I taped it as.

For audio codecs, just don't use professional ones. You won't have these unless you specifically purchased them for your computer.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:08 PM

Like trikkur said, WMV is a great choice for video format and gives you the smallest file sizes with fairly good quality video/audio. You can also convert the file to an AVI using a codec like xvid, divx, etc... and then compressing the audio into MP3 (most screen capture programs save audio in an unnecessarily high quality format which will give you massive file sizes).

There are tons of programs you can use to convert video files, just search around the web. Youtube is great for finding instructions for those programs, so if you get stuck just search Youtube and you'll probably find a good tutorial.

be cool... read my blug
Old 04-04-2009, 03:21 PM

Default Thanks and first upload

Thank you for the advice, I have now used Windows Media Encoder to record the video. And I have uploaded my first video. Feel free to give me feedback with regard to content or technical issues!

Regards
Palsh
Old 05-18-2009, 10:49 AM

I was wondering this also. I am using Camtasia, and even when I encode in wmv, the filesize is like 500mb/hr, is that normal? I recorded it in a fairly high resolution (1280x1024?) or something, does that have anything to do with it? If I produce it as a flash file will it still work? What is the max filesize that will upload? I tried a large one before and it never got past "connecting"

plz help
Old 05-18-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djexacto View Post
I was wondering this also. I am using Camtasia, and even when I encode in wmv, the filesize is like 500mb/hr, is that normal? I recorded it in a fairly high resolution (1280x1024?) or something, does that have anything to do with it? If I produce it as a flash file will it still work? What is the max filesize that will upload? I tried a large one before and it never got past "connecting"

plz help
That's not normal in my experience. When I render Camtasia files as .wmv files, they usually end up around 80-100mb/hour. I just use all the default settings.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djexacto View Post

plz help
That's a kinda high resolution but it shouldn't have that big of an effect on the file size. You're either not rendering the videos correctly or not at all. Even without any rendering, my video sizes are never more than 300mb.

It's got to have something to do with the settings in Camtasia, but I have no idea which one to look at. You might want to try uninstalling/re-installing the program and hopefully that will reset the preferences to their default settings.

be cool... read my blug
Old 06-11-2010, 06:54 PM

How do you get this great quality of the video ? like pokertube and youtube they compress the video. do you guys do that ? do you record whole screen ? I know camtasia... made some videos with youtube settings....
mvh Brian.