PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > Coaching > Questions

Old 11-02-2008, 11:25 PM

Default Help with my PokerTracker stats

Hello, first of all I would like to thank you for the videos, I've been really enjoying them!

I'd appreciate any comment on my PT stats for 25NL, especially the blind positions, where I'm losing a big deal of BB's. Here are the position stats:
[IMG][/IMG]

I'm quite aware of my low PFR% and I've been trying to get that up now. I should probably start to take new set of hands since any change in my play shows quite small in 60k hands.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:58 AM

dont play so much from the blinds. I dont really think it is much more than that. Sure you can up your PRF, but your losses are coming from the blinds. You are dumping 15 and 12 BB/100 over your sample. That nicely cancels out the late position stuff

It would appear that you are completing a ton of SB blinds, or checking through on the BB and getting attached to your hands.

If it ends up just you and the SB are you raising if they limp?
Old 11-03-2008, 07:57 AM

Thanks for your reply, and to your question:

Yeah I think i complete alot, and reason it by the implied odds I get, I don't complete unless I get at least someone limping before me. Regarding hands that I complete, vary from TJ, JQ, AT, JK to 2-gap suited connectors + SC and suited aces, should I be raising any of these hands in the SB or BB with a few limps? If it's folded to me in the SB I always try to raise if I'm going to play the hand. I probably play too passive in the BB, if someone limps, I usually don't raise unless i have a legitimate hand. Should I be raising almost any 2 if SB limps and no-one else has entered the pot? Then C-bet to a limp call and play really tight if I get a called on that?

I also feel very uncomfortable to raise hands like JQ, AJ, mayby even KQo in the SB if there's a couple of limps, I feel like I get so many calls even if I'm raising big, and then have to play OOP with a dominated hand. So is it a bad play to check AJ-type hands in the SB with 2-3 limpers?

I read somewhere someone saying that even winning players may lose BB's in the blind positions, if it is so, how much on average is it compared to your overall winnings? And is it even possible to get your winnings in the blind positions, say, up to your UTG level?

Last edited by iwantmymtv; 11-03-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to mxrider Send a message via Skype™ to mxrider

It is extremely difficult (If not impossible) to get + in the blinds as you are forced to put in money on hands you would dump from every other position. The problem here is that you are putting in way too much money in the SB by completing. Even with the implied odds, you are going to have to play that hand from the worst possible position on the table. Dump the junk period.

Stars: MXRider
FT: MXRider
Level: La-La Land
Old 11-03-2008, 10:11 AM

Thank you for your reply, if you would have an insight on my more specific questions above(and below), I'd most certainly appreciate it. Furthermore, what's the average VP$IP% and PFR% I should be aiming at in the blinds?
Old 11-03-2008, 10:36 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ThatDeviant

In the SB only complete w/ Ax suited and low pocket pairs until you can play better OOP. Anything else worth playing should be 3bet. Fold the rest. Simular in the BB although you can defend some suited broadways and stuff if you're against a bad player. Really just play like it's UTG.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:14 PM

You only lose 0.15 in the BB what is really good imo, but you lose way to much in the SB. You should lose only about 0.05, so do not complete so often and play less hands (or if BB is bad and folds a lot, you could raise about any 2).
If some people limp and you have AJ, you could raise without any problem, cause most ppl do not limp-call /w AQ or AK, but /w hands like 65s or 44. Just do not overplay your hand and you'll be fine.
It is pretty hard to give a good VPIP in the SB, cause it is so BB dependent. If they 3bet and def their BB => play pretty tight. If they do not abuse you for stealing from the SB => raiseraiseraise.

Do not open limp on the Button (only if you KNOW, that BB overplayes about everything postflop and folds maaany hands to a raise).
Your WTSD is pretty low. Should be somewhere around 27%
Old 04-17-2009, 09:50 AM

TheDeKay, could you give a range for wtsd. Like what % you is going to little,avg,and to Often. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksmi View Post
TheDeKay, could you give a range for wtsd. Like what % you is going to little,avg,and to Often. Thanks.
Personally I have a pretty high WTSD of ~27-29 what should be the upper range. There a quite a lot of winning regs at 200NL /w a WTSD between 20-30.
Remeber that you need quite A LOT of hands to get a somewhat valid WTSD and that the pt3 WTSD is influenced by the VPIP.
They should have some content on 2+2 or elsewhere... just use google ^^

How useful is WTSD - Two Plus Two Poker Forum
Now - I just feel newborn
-- EMIL BULLS FTW