PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > Coaching > Questions

Old 03-29-2009, 10:05 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ThatDeviant

Works out @ 27 an hour.

He steady crushes the 200/400nl games.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:25 AM

Is it me or is that really cheap?
How much has it helped you and what stakes you playing atm?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:09 AM

It's cheap b/c it's group coaching and it's more of a 'course'.

Helped me a lot. DC ftw.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDeviant View Post
Helped me a lot. DC ftw.
Yeah, DC (at least HU videos) are really good! Just like PokerTrikz made me a winning NL10 player, DC has made me a winning NL50 player.

Where did you hear about that group coaching thing, from the DC forums or what? If everything goes as planned, I'm probably getting a coach when I move up to NL100 (probably in next two months... if everything goes as planned).

Last edited by chinz; 03-29-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:29 PM

I posted in the 2+2 coaching thread and a DC coach PM'd me then talked about it on Skype.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:31 PM

twoplustwo coaching advice forum (Coaching Advice - Two Plus Two Poker Forum ) is the way to go imo, i used to check that out quite regularly and found fenderjaguar /togl both 200NL + players ive had sessions with both (fender currently coaching me) and they improved my learning curve greatly and , i had a 3-4 trials from different coaches and by far the best coaches were fender/togl, for the 50 an hour price can't go wrong with either imo (other coaches will offer similar prices but in terms of value they're no where near these 2).

With regards to DC coaches, most of the SSNL coaching is really not worth it they charge far too much perhaps 200NL + its more cost effective but in general there too expensive for most players, not to mention that alot of them have to be honest far too many students and can be quite irritating to get in contact with. I when i first started playing with an intention to learn being the retard i was i paid for a group session at DC with no real prior reaserach and tbh it was horrible was so impersonal and catering to basic ABC theory which imo is a waste of money and can easily be learned just via forums and a couple hours of experience.
Good coaches should teach thought process and help think through your game rather then making you fit their game.

So coming from a person who had a bit too many trial runs with different coaches and wasted a bit too much i can't recommend enough fenderjaguar (comes across as some marketing ploy but trust me he is the nuts).

But if your looking for a coach 2+2 has regular coaches who offer cheaper prices in general then other coaching sites just make sure to check reviews about there coaching and do a bit of research of course.

Hope the esay helped a bit.
Nuvan.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:18 AM

Just curious, OP, do you use to post on the E forums, if you know what that means?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:36 PM

Send a message via MSN to henku

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuvan View Post
fenderjaguar
He is currently coaching me too. Can't go wrong with him, he really has improved my game a lot too.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to garbageman18

I currently coach 25nl-100nl and am an active member/contributor on LeggoPoker. Have references from students if need. PM me if your interested. Heres my link to my blog on Leggo LeggoPoker - garbageman18
Old 04-14-2009, 08:03 PM

lol, just came across this thread after forgetting about it.

Look, I am very open about the fact that I've never been more than a 100nl reg.... I've said many times I'm not a grinder and I tend to withdraw too much money forcing me to play lower. It really doesn't bother me since I don't rely completely on poker for income.

That said -- I've absolutely crushed 25nl and 50nl for huge samples. If you don't think that qualifies me to coach somebody for those levels merely because I'm not currently a MSNL reg is just absurd. The fact that I still play the same games will make it so I have a much better understanding of how they play than somebody that regularly plays much higher.

I'm not saying I'm a poker genius, I am saying I have a lot to offer in terms of advice to people trying to start out at the micros from 4nl to 100nl. My play in my videos and my advice on the forums should speak for itself.

I wouldn't ask for much in terms of payment, and I am pretty flexable in terms of availability. If you want I can provide graphs showing how I have done in these games.

People can shit on me if they want... I don't care. I know I can help out your game, and would be happy to do so for a reasonable fee. If you're not interested that's not a big deal, but I don't see why other people need to come in and come up with fairly thin excuses for why I shouldn't be coaching for these stakes.

be cool... read my blug