PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > Coaching > Questions

Old 05-11-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbageman18 View Post
I can just say im doing coaching and I beat 5k nl on a consistent basis and am willing to coach if thats the case
Of course you could say that but you would not last very long as a coach.

If anyone is interested in actually receiving coaching please feel free to send me a PM and I can pass on references and any other information you require.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to mxrider Send a message via Skype™ to mxrider

While I do believe that your intentions and statements are probably factual, having references will greatly improve your chances of gaining students. Can you point to any reviews of your coaching that have been posted prior to you joining here? The reason why I ask that is to firm up our members comfort level with you and while I do think the "pay afterwards" is a great thing, it still would help your cause.

Stars: MXRider
FT: MXRider
Level: La-La Land
Old 05-11-2009, 07:53 PM

Sure, I avoided posting references here because they are all on another site:

Micro Stakes Coaching and Micro Stakes Lectures - Two Plus Two Poker Forum

Also at least one of my students is a regular poster on here, PokerTrikz poster "TylerDurden" who recently won the WSOP seat.

If you are contemplating coaching, the best thing is to shoot me a PM and we can talk on AIM/MSN/Skype, at the very least I will look over your stats and give you a bit of a feel for what you need to improve on free of charge.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:47 AM

While your coaching plan looks really nice (I like the Handout-thing rly much), I do not understand why you would ever be willing to quit a 72k/year-job for poker?!?
Now - I just feel newborn
-- EMIL BULLS FTW
Old 05-12-2009, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeKay View Post
While your coaching plan looks really nice (I like the Handout-thing rly much), I do not understand why you would ever be willing to quit a 72k/year-job for poker?!?
Its an interesting question, especially as I did play for a living 3 or so years ago so I know the life of an online pro is not as much fun as everyone thinks.

The first reason I guess is financial - its important to remember I am from Australia so 72K AUD is around the 50K USD mark so if you ignore taxes thats only 4K USD a month as poker is tax free earnings.

So being conservative with 3PTBB/100 over 30K hands at 200NL is 3600, +1000 for rakeback/bonuses, with coaching inclusive I can comfortably hit well over 5K USD a month.

I also really enjoy poker and coaching so being able to spend each day doing something I really enjoy (even though it is much harder work) is also a bonus.

Its also important to consider moving up limits is effectively a doubling of salary (in the ball park thereof), there is not too many jobs where you can realistically expect to receive that much of a raise in such short periods of time.

Lastly, the world will always need accountants (GFC or no) so if I ever get bored of poker or seeing one more AA
There is also a whole lot of of personal reasons, but the above should give you a bit of an idea.

Having a long history of winning combined with total confidence I can return to work in a short period of time made it a pretty easy decision.