PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > Coaching > Questions

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 11:58 AM

Post Micro HUSnG Coaching (With Tips-Only Trials)

Hello. I am a solid 50s-80s Regular with about 1.2k game sample with about 14% EVRoI and 8% actual (according to HEM), and I also play a large volume at 100NL-200NL cash and have decent SnG/tournament experience. This is a small sample, and not incredibly impressive but I have a solid grasp of the game, and feel that I would be competent in teaching newer players, which is my intention here. I also charge a tiny fee. I do not want to post my SN or graphs, and as I am not a frequent poster, I understand that have little credibility.

Format and Cost

As such, I will instead offer the first few sessions on a tips-only basis. I am looking mostly to do hand history or session reviews. My rate will be 15/review, and $30/session, sessions ranging from 1-1.5 hours. For hand history reviews, I suggest doing a batch of hand histories instead for me to get a better grasp of your game. In those cases, I will be happy to do reviews on a # of hands basis instead, and perhaps give bulk discounts.

Experience and Focus

I have done a good amount of stake-coaching before, but mostly with 6max and FR cash, and have had good reviews. I am confident about my abilities to communicate ideas. I am looking for uNL cash players or low-mid stakes SnG/MTT players looking to try HU SnGs, or HU SnGs players struggling or not getting a very good RoI up to the $10-30~ levels.

In these reviews, I will aim to go through games played in a vacuum, and, over multiple games, identify leaks, and discuss approaches towards games, and also address specific questions, or discuss HUSNG theory.

I am also a 6max player, and understands MTT strategy (about 2k profits at <30 BIs), so I am qualified to coach or give advice on those also, but it is not my preference, as I am lately far more interested in HUSnGs.

Notes

I am doing this to get some references in the future, as at the moment I have none to speak of aside from stakees. Feel free to try out with one or two hand histories, but as I am offering this, I only wish to be contacted by students serious about coaching and about improving their game, who do have intentions of paying and writing recommendations, and so on, if they find my coaching helpful, which I expect they will. Of course as I am offering my first sessions/reviews for free, I am opening myself to wasting my time, but I believe in honesty, so please only contact me if you have intentions of actually paying. I would like interested individuals to give me a short bio of their poker history and perhaps graphs.

I am friends and have done numerous trades with other, more frequent 2+2 posters, and some at p5, that I can use as references, but as I am offering the first few, again, on a tips-only basis, I don't feel that my integrity is an issue. I feel that the value of my service will prove itself. I welcome anyone unhappy with my coaching, or who find it to be mediocre to post their thoughts, otherwise, I cannot be bothered to deal with questions about my credibility. So this is this. PM or reply if interested.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:27 PM

Tips-only as in you will give tips or accept only small amounts of money? Sorry, not sure what u mean there.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgica View Post
I do not want to post my SN or graphs, and as I am not a frequent poster, I understand that have little credibility.
Why not?

Just post something as your reference, if you really don't want to post graphs then maybe a short (1 match) video. If you don't post your graph from sharkscope (but from HEM instead) nobody should be able to track you're SN (and why'd anyone want to in the first place?). I really just don't see any reason, why you wouldn't want to post your stats/graph if you're 8% winner over 1.2 games.

If you don't want to post your stats, I'd at least like to hear a good reason for it... claiming "I'm one of the biggest winners at my stakes, I don't want to post any proof" sounds kind of stupid, especially when you're trying to sell coaching.

Last edited by chinz; 10-22-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:48 PM

I can have people vouch for my ability. I can prove my own ability. If you wish, I can go over a hand history publicly here on this very thread, and you can post whether you think my analyses would be useful for a new player. I would rather not make a post of my own play, but if you think it is a good idea, I will do a session or hand history review once I find a site/replayer/means to do so.

My graphs are incomplete, but I can show a small sample of this, but I am afraid even a 300-500 game sample is very small in the world of HU SnGs. I base my confidence of my own abilities on my own poker experience and understanding of the game, not on my results, which have been fairly decent, but not exceedingly good. I did not mean to deceive, but my RoI at the higher stakes are not on the 14%+, which is partially the reason I did not want to post a graph; I am running something like 10% RoI below EV at the 30, and a bit less at the 100s, and I am barely breaking even at those stakes as a result. Oh, also, 8% is nowhere near "I am one of the biggest winners", not am I claiming to be such.

Do I think those results reflect my abilities? No. Certainly if All-In EV means anything, it suggests quite the opposite. Do I think this impact my ability to teach newer players even if I am not beating 100s? No, as I have said, I am more than capable of teaching a new player. I consider my fees to be much less than what they are worth as a result of my bad credentials, and my apathy to it mostly. I am here to gain some experience as much as anything. I enjoy teaching.

Considering I am not charging upfront and am not charging very much in general, I do not think my hesitance is of much concern.

I really cannot be bothered to get worked up over this, but please do not question my integrity or authenticity too much. Your questions are valid, but I really don't want to bother with something that isn't even going to earn me much money at all. I'd much rather just let my coaching do the convincing. If you want me to prove that I am not afraid and am willing to back up my confidence in my game with actions, I am willing to play a few matches against any of you, even if I may have no edge (I do not want to insult any of you, since I do not know you, and I will not doubt that you may be great players, but it is not at all unlikely as I do have decent edges against many weak regulars), because I am confident you will not have a significant edge on me either.

Quote:
Tips-only as in you will give tips or accept only small amounts of money? Sorry, not sure what u mean there.
I will not force the student to pay first, and I leave him or her the option of not paying if he genuinely believes that I have mislead him in telling him what I have to offer. This is what I'd meant.

Last edited by Nostalgica; 10-22-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:03 PM

Trikkur vs nostalgica!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:11 PM

Haha, I would not mind the experience, as his videos taught me a lot when I began.

I want to clarify that my challenge was not a "I AM A BETTER PLAYER HURRR LET'S HU4ROLLZ" thing, but merely the claim that I am good enough that, in a HU SnG, even a very good player would not have huge edge over me, and as such, I would not lose very much in EV by playing them. I do not game select much (played on stars for a good bit, and sit first/sit whoever), and this has never been an issue for me. I welcome to learning opportunity.

I understand doubts for a random stranger claiming skill, but I am willing to back up my claims with actions is all I am saying.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to Padawan Send a message via Skype™ to Padawan

hey Nost,

Maybe if you put out some videos, or actually get involved with the forums before you come on here soliciting your divine coaching abilities people would actually take you seriously.

-MrPadawan
Old 10-23-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgica View Post
Oh, also, 8% is nowhere near "I am one of the biggest winners", not am I claiming to be such.
Well, at the $55 turbos that certainly would make you one of the biggest winners. If you're playing reg speeds (do ppl still play those?! :P) it would still mean that you're a very good reg. If you dont want to show your results for $100 games, you could just filter them out.

I'm not saying that you're lying, but I'm just trying to say that posting some kind of reference (graphs, hand analysis, recommendations by someone better known like husng.com guys) would help you to get ppl interested in your coaching.

Last edited by chinz; 10-23-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:48 PM

I am in the process of writing an article on transitioning to HUSnG from uNL cash. I will post that, along with recent graphs and perhaps some hand histories/session reviews when they are done, but I still feel that it is unnecessary for what I am offering. I will do so merely because I do not mind doing it, and perhaps some people will benefit from it regardless.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:31 AM

I'd be interested in taking a HUsng coaching session from you.
How do I contact you?
Closed Thread