PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > Coaching > Questions

Old 12-19-2010, 07:29 AM

Default Anyone want to sweat me?

Hello all, I'm not sure if this is allowed in this forum, and if not simply freeze this.
I'm new to forums, but I was wondering if anyone would like to sweat me. I'm a breakeven player at best, and I'm looking to take my game to the next level.
If anyone is interested pm me or post here, I am willing to pay, but I'm a college student working part time, so I can't afford the higher coaches.

Again, if this is against the rules on this forum, me asking this, simply freeze this post.

If there's anything I can do to make my requests or situation clearer just post here. Thanks all in advance
Old 12-19-2010, 07:33 AM

Default Another thing

Oh, and I know it's kind of shady asking this as my first post, but honestly, this seems like the nicest forum I've experienced in my poker career.
I love this site and what it does, and I would love to contribute more, but honestly I don't know how.
I have never been active in a forum before I feel like my opinion on hands isn't worth anything yet.
Anyways, thanks in advance again.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:04 AM

You could always post hand histories. Its a great learning tool! As far as getting sweat if you really want to improve you gotta throw down the cash for the solid players. I cant afford it either but and lot of well know micro/small stakes coaches cost $50-$100 per hour. But from what I've hear in forums a good highly rep. coach is well worth every cent. You can always watch online videos as well. Posting in the forums and watching the videos has worked great hand and hand for me. Basically I'll use concepts from the videos and post what and why its not working and take that feed back and try to improve off of it. This is a great forum and I post here almost everyday but if you get a duecescracked account ($29/month) or cardrunners your get a lot more feed back and tools offered to you. So in a way its like cheap coaching.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:57 AM

Ah, thank you. I was looking at deuces cracked, but I had heard some bad things. Don't remember what they were at the moment, but it's whatever. I decided to go with leggopoker, which was a great site and they had some awesome material, but most of the pros videos, like aaron jones, had way to much variance for a bankroll like mine.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:44 AM

I'm a big fan of deuces, so far I am very happy with everything I've learned. There were some great videos explaining the type of life and mind set you should be living/have when considering becoming a serious profitable player. They have so many other things to offer on top of that. I still love this site of course!

If you ever want to trade hand histories or tips just PM me. Like you I am really trying to improve my game every single day. So far it feels like I've made no progress because I fall into bad habits. Looking back I've seen the giant leaps I've made in the past month! Although, I am still a losing player which really bothers me. The fact I fixate on the money part of poker is why I have 85% of my bad habits such as looking at my bankroll every 5 minutes or when I win/lose a bad hand. Then I check If I am up and take more risk, If I am down value bet to my death when I should have folded.

Lately I've been focusing on just looking at each hand and thinking, If he had my hand would he have lost/won more or less money. How would he have played this hand different. Is it more profitable that way or a different way. It sounds very easy to think about but in the game even when just single tabling it really takes an extreme amount of focus.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:30 PM

Do you have a skype?
Old 12-26-2010, 08:44 PM

Retro, we can trade hands any time, just pm me.

Urban, I just reformatted my computer so I need to reinstall it, which I'll probably do before you read this.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:57 AM

sounds great!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:53 AM

I'm like you guys... I am trying to perfect my game... So could you guy include me in as well... I dont know what pm me means... Please explain...
Old 12-29-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbr0001 View Post
I'm like you guys... I am trying to perfect my game... So could you guy include me in as well... I dont know what pm me means... Please explain...
PM means private message), almost all forums have PM's for there members. It's just like e-mail but for this site. Why don't you practice using it and send me one and ill reply.