PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > No Limit Hold Em > Small Stakes

Old 06-11-2011, 07:10 PM

Default Trikkur Euro vs Dollar

Another one for you trikkur, last time I asked about bad beat jackpot and the extra .50 cent rake you paid. You couldn't answer it but I found out it a mounted to 2bb/100 at 100nl

Anyway, the question this time is, I was going to play at merge, 35% rakeback deal 9 tabling $100nl, the problem however is that most tables are bad beat jackpot tables, which means I will rarely be able to run my 9 tables on normal tables. So I looked on poker scout and found noiqpoker, they have no bad beat jackpots, and lots of cash tables going, the downside....AGAIN, is instead of it being a $3 rake like on most dollar sites, it charges a 3euro, so doesn't that mean im losing on as bb/100 again, cos im being raked more per pot?

I can't seem to find the perfect balance, either getting raped by bbj tables extra rake, or by currency exploitation extra rake.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Well you would "technically" be paying more rake than you do now because it is in euros, but you have to remember that everything is converted to euros; so you are playing higher stakes, etc.

If you take a bankroll of 4000 USD and it gets converted to 3000 EUR, then you wouldn't really notice that you are paying higher rake. Plus your rakeback would be in EUR so that would make up for it.

In my opinion; just find a poker site that you feel comfortable playing at and you like the software, amount of tables, players, etc - then stick with it. The rakeback is just going to be a nice bonus from playing, but if you don't like the site then the extra rakeback won't be worth it.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:23 PM

its for higher stakes in a way, but remember rake is always capped at $3/3euro from low stakes even up to 400nl, so its not that much higher stakes looking from that point of view.

Im stuck in limbo, I like noiqpokers amount of cash tables running, but hate the software, poor for 9 tabling and limited and the costly rake.

I love merges software but hate the fact 80% of their tables are bad beat jackpot tables which stops me being able to 9 table standard tables.

Cake poker player traffic has died a death, 1 site left the network and black friday lost 40% more players, so I can't 9 table 100nl there with good rakeback.

fulltilt - 27% rakeback, does solve other issues but 27% rakeback I hate.

and any other site I think of don't offer rakeback deals, just loyalty programs. Getting 40 hrs in a week, 9 tabling, I need the right site and right rakeback deal.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Have you tracked your own winrate on the BBJ tables? Even though you are paying an extra 2BB/100, it may be possible that the amount of fish is higher at these tables. If grinders avoid the BBJ tables and fish just pick randomly; you may very well be paying 2BB/100 to get the fishiest tables on the site - which is worth it.

I used to jump around on FTP between the 50NL, 100NL, 200NL, and all the CAP games just finding the best fish and waiting until they were bust and moving on. I made more money this way than I was just 6 tabling 200NL and it was way easier.

It's actually cool that you put this much time into figuring out how much rake you are paying and how it's affecting you because most people just ignore it all. On the other hand, your winrate has a lot more factors than just rake paid and rakeback.

If you have played the BBJ tables and the rake is killing your winrate, which can very well be true because it IS a lot, then maybe look at playing at 2 sites at once. You can open 4-5 tables on Merge and 3-4 tables on NoIQ. It would be easier to do this if you have 2 monitors though since the cascading/tiling features won't work correctly.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:13 AM

The decay in your win rate for the bad beat jackpot tables is actually more like 1.25BB/100 hands at 100nl. The number that you have there is a bit high. You are correct, though, that this does kinda suck, especially on Merge. You see, on Merge, I believe that they only award the table where it hits. On some networks, they have more of a distribution of the jackpot, for example, awarding to everyone playing at your stake, which really helps to keep your wins/losses from the bad beat jackpot more flat. In sum, bad beat jackpots are annoying but not a deal breaker. I actually have one of my stakees playing at the bad beat jackpot tables, though that is at 200nl so it doesn't hit his win rate as much.

I am not sure how much the higher rake will decay your win rate. However, there is some information on poker table ratings about that. It'll compare different poker rooms and how much rake you pay on the different rooms at each stake level based on their rake structure.

I will provide some analysis here, though: an illustration to show you that the rake can affect your win rate. assume an exchange rate of $1.50 = 1 euro, which is close to the actual.
so max rake is $3 and $4.5 respectively.
The dollar tables have collected all of the rake that they are going to collect when the pot reaches $60. For pots that are $60.01 to $90 the higher rake will hit you on the Euro tables. Trikkur is right though that the stakes are bigger on the euro table of the same magnitude. So if the player skill level is the same at the 100 dollar tables and 100 euro tables then you have some advantage in the pots that are more than 60 big blinds because you have more EV (measured in dollars) without any additional rake
Old 06-12-2011, 08:19 AM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverthunder View Post
The decay in your win rate for the bad beat jackpot tables is actually more like 1.25BB/100 hands at 100nl.
silver thunder/trikkur your stars! and thanks for breaking it down more for me to understand. I currently have my eyes on noiqpoker on the extraction network. They have tables running more actively on my timeframe greenwich...eurotime and the tables appear to be fishy enough with plenty of tables so I can 9 table like normal.

I would however have to drop to euro50nl, as im a bankroll nit and 100 euros is obviously more then $100 plus It looks like im going to have to test the waters and euro50 is safer.

The software is poor but at least there is no bad beat tables, I will have to play a good 40k hands min to get a even slight idea of how much the euro rake affects me, and obviously how that balances out with my actual poker winrate. Its just a shame there isn't a good dollar skin with %30 + rakeback and player volume for me to 9 table with good table selection. Im looking to play a 22 18 vs 30% avg players per flop.

PS. If I end up playing on extraction long term, I will probably dabble into making a 50 and 100 euro video, for you to mock any leaks and to help others that have stayed around this community.

http://www.pokertableratings.com/pok...it-hold'em found it!

Last edited by sudsta; 06-12-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:55 AM

Default keep up the good work

I think this is wonderful I truly appreciate the information shared in this post I am going to bookmark this!

http://anytimetablethire.co.uk/digital-conference