PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > Tournaments > STT SNG

Old 07-08-2009, 03:30 PM

Unhappy SNG question ?

Anyone know another site that has videos for free that deal with SNG's because i only found 3 on here and 1 dont play

I love the cash game vids but dont have a bankroll to try it out.

I think i get what everyone is saying but cant wait to try them on real tables ( when i finally get a job) no work out here and i tried to build my bankroll but cant do it in 1/2 cent rooms I HATE them because to many dumb players ( maybe even me being 1 of them ) I don't know, I feel I'm good but the math part is a bit hard for me ( i have a learning disability) and the fact if i buy into 10/25 cent I can go broke in 30 min for some reason everyone draws on me BIG TIME. I watch all the vids and see people win with high cards and 1 pair yet when I get a str8 or a full house and tripps I always get beat for some reason 3/4 of the time I get beat. I don't bluff much also . Some times i feel like people see my cards, N I convinced my self that the site was rigged so i didn't go crazy because I know that the game has ODDS but the hands i always get beat at are just out of this world . People say well you see more hands online but i feel i only bet at pots i think i have the best hand. I wish I could do what you guys can do. I dream about poker and thats all i think about is poker so it is very hard to go out and get BEAT down every time ( OVER AND OVER ) I do do good sometimes but for some reason I get busted in the long run. I have stoped for the last 2 weeks and doing alot of studying and video watching but cant afford it so thats why i was asking about free sng vids .
my latest Bad beat ...

Im under gun+1 AA raise 4x bb and called by button, flop comes Ac 5s 8s I bet 2/3 pot he goes all in IM and call turn Qc river 9s he turns over 67s str8 flush ( this stuff happens to me alot ) My worst bad beat ever was about a year ago i was in a 25/50c room and I had 56 bucks im utg AA again and i went all in I was called by 23off and he hit a flush with his 2 on river I almost tossed my cookies.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:17 PM

You can get free vids on the STT forum on 2+2. There's also software out there like SNGPT (not sure if that's free--I think at least one of those types of programs is) that can teach you effective pushbotting.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:47 PM

the first "bad beat" u describe really isnt a bad beat.... u got ur $$$$ in as a 58:42 favourite, meaning u only win that hand three outta five times....

get Collin Moshmans SNG Strategy book if ur serious about SNGs....

go to Sitandgoplanet.com for good strategy articles....

Last edited by wolfzep; 07-09-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:46 PM

Default Learning sit n gos

I agree with Wolfzep on Moshman sit n go book . there is a forum called poker pages that has a lot videos (instructional) that would be a good place for you to start. they also have their own poker site thats free no money involved that you can play . Good Luck and enjoy your sit n gos they are fun
Old 03-10-2010, 06:04 AM

Hi Guys..Sit and Go tourneys are fast-paced and fun to play in. Itís like playing in a microcosm of a big multi-table tournament.The structure of SnGís is usually that of a one-table freezeout and the top 2 or 3 places pay out. Since youíre going to be starting out with at least 9 or 10 players at your table, it makes sense to play pretty tight in the early stages of these tournaments. The logic is simple.. many of your opponents will be wild and tend to gamble early on.