PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > Videos > Video Discussion

Old 09-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Default VIDEO DISCUSSION: Trikkur 45 - 25NL at PokerStars with my Life Update

**THIS THREAD IS FOR DISCUSSION OF Trikkur 45 - 25NL at PokerStars with my Life Update**

Hey everyone. I was bored last night and decided to boot up some PokerStars tables and brush up on my commentary. I played 4 tables of 25NL at PokerStars with some extra money I found in my account and had a pretty interesting session. Mostly this video was me just giving a life update to let everyone know what's been going on this last year. I hope you can learn something and make use of some of my advice. Also, I've been sick this whole week so I have to cough once or twice in the video and my voice might be a bit hoarse.

View Video

Please leave any comments or questions to the video creator below.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:11 AM

Hi there,

it's a pretty nice vid overall. I'm not expecting a big discussion will go on, anyways will comment on a couple of hands:

KQ vs 9T hand:
as played, I was pretty sure he shows you 9x. With that river betsizing, it's a valuebet like always, so this sucks but I'm check-folding. If the river was a total blank like 2-offsuit, maybe it's a little bit better to check-call. Regarding your turn bet size, I think it's good. In this vid, IMO you give too much respect to the opponents, saying like "my smaller bet priced him in", the thing is he's bad, and he's got a pair and a weak straight draw, so he's calling any reasonable amount, and that's good for you, just value bet the turn and check-fold the river.

AA hand when the villain folded to your turn check-raise:
I guess it's more likely he folded just because he was bluffing, TBH I see this crap all the time even at NL100, when someone puts almost his stack, having a few bbs left, and then folds to even a minbet Every time I see this I'm amazed so much I almost feel my brain is a little bit damaged
Old 10-01-2010, 07:02 AM

Talking

quality video as always, it was also good to hear what you've been up to. I learnt so much from poker trikz and without doubt it was the biggest aid in my turn around from a losing player, i love this site, thanks man!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:10 AM

About 1/3 in to this video, you were wondering where to refer novices who still didn't know what CB'g (etc.) was and how to use it: as a novice myself struggling at micro stakes, I stumbled on The Poker Bank a couple weeks ago...
I think it's a really quite excellent series of about 75+ one-page articles on Hm play, w links that connect the interested learner to other resources at various levels of play.
A definition-based how-to resource for novice to expert levels, each article with some attached videos and lotsa examples, are brief enough each to "fill your plate" at one sitting, after which one can then go off and practice.
I usually mess around at .01/.02 micros with these new learnings, cos the blinds don't chew you to death as you try to work on it.
For what it's worth....likely good to have to pass on...

Last edited by danerobb; 10-08-2010 at 06:14 AM. Reason: some confused sentence structure
Old 11-08-2010, 06:34 AM

I'd say that this was a really good video! Thanks man! I have only recently joined this site and I've learned a lot so far. Reading through the forum is good but watching videos is better. So thanks again. Your coughing and voice was no prob.