PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > Videos > Video Requests

Old 04-16-2009, 07:17 PM

As someone who is just beginning to play cash at 2NL/4NL/5NL I would love to see a "serious" video at these stakes. There are virtually zero vids available (for free).

The advice provided in 10NL/20NL+ Videos just doesnt apply to 2NL (for pretty significant reasons I guess) and thats frustrating for myself, can only learn so much from reading and posting on forums. Plus alot of advice from forums in 2NL threads isnt dished out by sucessful proven 2NL players which is pretty pointless too.

If you are going to do this vid and i hope you do, I think adding something about how to play against gd multitablers and baaad multitablers wld be very interesting on stars on full tilt, less so on smaller sites~how to identify them too. Cbetting to me appears to be a bit of a myth at 2NL as does 3betting unless its AA. So some info on this would be interesting.

As well as obv starting hand requirements, what we are opening, raising limpers with, etc. Stealing is virtually impossible unless V multitabler, etc.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeckMyBankroll View Post
As someone who is just beginning to play cash at 2NL/4NL/5NL I would love to see a "serious" video at these stakes. There are virtually zero vids available (for free).

The advice provided in 10NL/20NL+ Videos just doesnt apply to 2NL (for pretty significant reasons I guess) and thats frustrating for myself, can only learn so much from reading and posting on forums. Plus alot of advice from forums in 2NL threads isnt dished out by sucessful proven 2NL players which is pretty pointless too.
Try this one:
Trikkur31 | 20NL Holdem - From a losing player to a winning player

This video features a very nitty style (less than 15 VPIP), which is very easy to play against those microstakes calling stations. Your range is so strong with that style you can pretty safely go for 3 streets of value every single time you flop a top pair.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:02 AM

Honestly, just completely skip out 2nl, 4nl and 5nl.
Play the sngs at them stakes instead, that is what i am doing and they are soo easy to beat. Just make sure you multi table because some of the beats u take can be quite sick.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansiek View Post
Play the sngs at them stakes instead, that is what i am doing and they are soo easy to beat. Just make sure you multi table because some of the beats u take can be quite sick.
Why do you think that SNGs would be a better option? I really don't have a big sample size from NL4 (as I moved to NL10 in less than a weeK), but I do think that even beginning players who are taking poker seriously can beat it for 4-5ptbb/100. That's a fast way to build bankroll for NL10 and NL25.

Other good thing about micros are that if you want to be playing NL cash later, you don't have to learn a "new game". If you have only played SNGs, the transition back to NL cash might take some time.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:19 PM

I agree but if you have to learn a completely different cash game at 2nl than 10nl or 25nl you may as well just skip it out.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:35 PM

Make the 2NL video. What harm can it do?

Thanks for the link to the trikkur31 video chinz.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:59 AM

Hi guys, i completely agree with some of the others that 2NL is a total different game than 10NL +.I started playin on stars earning my freeroll win $1 ish into $90 ish now. I find the 2NL 6max games just so bad they are pretty unplayable, i tend to stick to the full ring games playing 4 tbl's watching who is tight/loose/passive/agressive, who i can/can't c-bet into alot, who donk bets into raisers, who check's into raisers with top pr, who continues with draws no matter wot the cost etc etc. I find the loose players are that tiny bit easier to read and c-bets work alot more than the 6 max cos they litterally show up with atc's on those games. Yes they do still show up with random junk alot but since i play a very tight range i find by playin full ring since there are more players the blinds pass thru less and since my range is so tight i either dominate them when they do hit or simply check behind on awful flops and they are so passive they let me take free cards (usally) even when they flopped a pair/good draw etc. I find u have to adapt a unique style for these games all based on tbl conditions and type of players at the tbls. Basically playin tight as feck + value betting nearly full pot = $$$'s for me . I also tend never to slowplay even if i got the deck crushed i LMAO @ the things they call down with and rarely bluff unless they just askin for me to take away the pot. It would be great to see a couple of vids of any 2NL games , so if anybody post's any i will defo give them a watch. ok thats all GL @ the tbl's guys
Old 01-11-2010, 01:53 AM

I'm going to put up a 5nl video pretty soon. I'm a losing player right now so it might be of some help to me, as well as others who might be in the same situation.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to MOJO_ERASER

I think lots of videos below 10 NL would be good for this site considering. A majority of players starting out will be playing at these levels . If you cant beat 2 nl or 5 nl how is playing 10 NL every going to work?
Old 01-15-2010, 07:13 AM

This is nice. I see many questions on 2NL, so people need those vids, just do it