PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum  

Go Back   PokerTrikz.com Poker Forum > Videos > Video Requests

Old 03-12-2009, 05:54 PM

Default 2NL Videos

I've been reading 2+2 for a couple of weeks now and see a hell of a lot of people asking how to beat 2NL and claiming it's impossible, I 9tabled it today to see just how 'difficult' it is (magically got super hard since I left) and came out with 30/ptbb over 2k hands (obviously not maintainable over 30k+), so I'm going to create perhaps three/four 1 hour length videos of me playing 2NL, just basically pointing out the basics required to beat it and hopefully help a few people beat it with ease, because really, I didn't realise how soft and passive it actually was. This will be 6max.

Hopefully I'll start tomorrow, does anyone want to see anything specific in it? So far I'll be talking about;
  • Required aggression.
  • How friendly the fold button is.
  • Raising and using position to your advantage.
  • Bullying weak players.
  • Continuation betting on certain flops.
When I started there was nothing really to help me learn so I figure this'd help a lot of people just coming into the game.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:43 PM

I don't want to discourage you, if you want to do these vids, by all means do it.

But bottom feeding is for a few reasons a total different game and I doubt it's very useful to learn pokerbasics there, because people will behave like some braindead monkeys in playmoney-games. And I don't know how sites handle this, but on Stars you can buy-in for 200BB, which you HAVE to do to maximize your EV there. The play then has to be ridicolous, because you're basically forced into a loose-passive preflop strategy.

I think the best limit to start learning ABC-Poker is 10NL, where ppl fold sometimes (still rare, but you can at least sometimes get a cbet to work), only buy-in for 100BB and where the money isn't big, but you could at least buy something nice for one stack.

The ppl who request such vidz don't know much about poker yet, so it's natural to ask for the smallest stakes, but NL2 is ridicolous, rly.

And yes, 2NL is beatable for kewl 20ptbb/100, and its not hard.

- The Poker Mindset -
Old 03-12-2009, 07:05 PM

I'm not talking about going after concepts that will be great weapons at 2NL, I'm talking straight forward how to beat 2NL. I don't really know what you're getting at here man, and I don't think you've really grasped my point, so I'm just gonna go straight on to your last line.

LOL . I guess I should just post a video of '2NL is beatable for a kewl 20ptbb/100' marquee-ing across the screen? I guess that'll teach beginners who are losing their deposits time after time, a general concept of what to do to beat the easiest level of the game.

Like I say, I'd have loved a beginning video just explaining position, what hands to play and when to smell a fold when I started out, I just think it'll be beneficial to the hundreds of people I see posting about how difficult 2NL is.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:31 PM

I think Nutflush's point is that if you watch, say, one of the $20NL vids on this site, you'll be learning all of the solid ABC TAGish, low variance things that you will need to beat any of the 6 max games up to about $50NL. Including $2 NL for 20ptbb/100.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:42 PM

Fair enough, I just think the aggression (for instance) is a lot different at 20NL than 2NL and I certainly think some of the plays from villains @ 20NL is a lot different than the 95% population of fish who don't know what they're doing at 2NL make.

If my PC takes it (old piece of junk), I'll go ahead and create something.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:29 AM

I agree that 2nl is a completely different ball game, but another video cant hurt?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:42 PM

I would like to see some 2NL videos, think it would help a lot of people who play those limits
Old 04-15-2009, 10:09 PM

would like to see the Video also maybe both one 2nl and 5nl .
Old 04-15-2009, 10:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to mxrider Send a message via Skype™ to mxrider

There are people out there that are trying to learn at this level and a solid vid can do nothing but help.

Stars: MXRider
FT: MXRider
Level: La-La Land
Old 04-15-2009, 10:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Padawan Send a message via Skype™ to Padawan

Nutflush and houserocker.... Seriously guys please dont discourage people from contributing to the forums by making videos. There are people who have a problem with these limits and Im sure ANY videos for all limits could be of use to some people.